- Be Proactive : Don’t just react to the external events and circumstances. Become responsible and take charge of your life. Take initiative and come forward to do more for yourself. Don’t wait for opportunities to fall into your lap. Go out there and grab them!
2. Begin With The End In Mind: Stop acting aimlessly. Set goals, have a clear vision of your destination. Put directed efforts and turn those goals into reality. Whatever you put your time and energy should align with your end goal. Make sure you can see and everything adds up to it.
3. Put First Things First: Focus on the tasks which are important and contribute to your mission. Delegate the tasks which are urgent but not important. Prioritizing is key. If you get 10 tasks done for the day, but none of them were really relevant to your day or growth, then you didn’t do it right. Remember it’s not about being busy, but being productive!
4. Think Win-Win: Always seek solutions which are mutually beneficial and mutually satisfying. Your success must not come at the expense of success of others.
5. Seek First To Understand Then To Be Understood: Put yourself in the shoes of the other person. Don’t just start giving suggestions or advice without first listening empathetically to the other person. This is one of the most important lessons that you will learn in life and it will come with experience. If you can put yourself in someone else’s shoes, you will always be able to communicate and problem solve better!
6. Synergize: Understand that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Don’t get caught up in the small parts of life!
7. Sharpen the Saw: Enhance and renew the four dimensions of your nature- physical, spiritual, mental and social, so that you can stay effective in the long term. Always keep learning more about what you like or are interested in! There will always be something new that you wouldn’t have known before!